- Dananana Knackered That’s the problem when you start to fly so high. There’s always the danger you might fall and painfully shatter something. Glasgow fight pop six-piece Dananananakroyd were this week forced to cancel the remainder of their Australian tour after drummer/vocalist John Baillie Jnr broke his arm three songs into a much-anticipated set at the Annandale […]
- Can it ever be acceptable for a Scot to support England? I’ve got a dirty little secret. All right I’ve got more than one. But this isn’t anything to do with breaking in to zoo enclosures in the dead of night, sneaking up on zebras and letting their haunches feel the weight of my hand. This one is even more shameful. Sickening.
- High Dunoon You know the scenario. You’re sinking a few in some salubrious drinking hole on the other side of the world, just winding down after a hard week and trying not to think about whether you’ll still have a job on Monday, all that nuclear acceleration in North Korea, or how most of the world inexplicably […]
- New Baws Please Andy Murray. It could have been me. I’m man enough to admit it’s been tough watching the inexorable rise from loose-limbed, awkward teen looking like a puppy pawing at a persistent fly to the hardened, ridiculously talented yet still wonderfully acerbic world No.3 he’s become.
- The Wee Man on Friday : I Can’t Feel My Legs They say long distance relationships don’t work. They’re right. It’s one of life’s certainties, that it’s all destined to end in uncomfortable estrangement. Yet I once thought differently about long distance love. Sure, I was young with naive dreams of open waters and shimmering sunsets, she was just a blistered cargo ship.