- UnReidable Chapter 12 – March 2004: Austin, Texas In March 2004 I was unhappily single again. I had no profession, no future, no money, and no purpose. I remember one day I was waiting to cross the street outside my office building at 15th and Congress and a girl approached me, walking in the opposite direction. She asked ‘Don’t I know you?’ I […]
- The Dear Scotland Xmas Video It’s that time of year again. A very special Christmas video, featuring a very Scottish Santa:
- Scotland at SXSW 2013 – The Final List So here we go. South by Southwest 2013 kicked off today in my adopted home town of Austin, Texas. Scotland will be well represented over the next 10 days or so with around 12 Scottish companies here for the Interactive festival, at least 1 really cool film, and 12 great bands. I’ve tried to list […]
- Scotland on Tour with Vic Galloway – Admiral Fallow in Zurich Vic returns with his recommendation for the Scottish international gig of the month and it’s a cracker. Next Friday night Admiral Fallow will support Franz Ferdinand at the Winterthurer Musikfestwochen in Switzerland. Other Scottish bands on tour outside the UK right now include Django Django, Mogwai and Rod Stewart.
- The Dear Scotland Xmas Viral Video A very special Christmas video, featuring a very Scottish Santa:
- Dear Scotland – The Mixtape: Volume 1 Like many expat Scots, I find myself talking about Scotland a lot. And aside from the standard conversations about golf, whisky or Braveheart the subject of Scottish music frequently arises. In the past, when band names alone were not enough to impress certain people, I would end up making them a mixtape or cd.
- Scotland on Tour with Vic Galloway: Twin Atlantic After Austin, Vic is taking a few days off in San Francisco this week but he still had time to see Twin Atlantic at Slims on Friday night and recommend them as his pick of the Scottish bands playing outside the UK this week. Vic will be back on Radio 1 on Wednesday night.
- Scotland on Tour with Vic Galloway: Codeine Velvet Club With the chaos of SXSW over for another year, most of the Scottish bands are heading home now but the Codeine Velvet Club were on a 6am flight to Seattle yesterday to start a mini west coast tour with Metric. Vic has more on CVC and all the details of Scotland on Tour this week:
- Scotland on Tour with Vic Galloway: SXSW 2010 This week is almost certainly the biggest week of the year for Scottish international gigs. 14 Scottish bands are heading to the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas and Vic will be there too. Here is his preview together with a listing of more than 80 Scottish gigs around the world this week: